Monday, June 06, 2005

slow weekend, off monday

Craig Biggio went 0-8 over the weekend with no HBPs, but he did pitch in with one RBI sac fly and helped on defense turning 3 double plays. Biggio is 16 double plays away from 1000, for those who like stats with round numbers.
Chris Burke picked up his first career HBP Saturday, showing once again that he might one day be able to fill Biggio's shoes (hopefully not for a few more years).

The Astros are off today, so Biggio won't add to the list of pitchers who have drilled him on June 6th. Joey Hamilton hit Biggio on June 6, 1997, and in 2001 Brian Bohanon brashly beaned Biggio.

In the news, Ben McGrath of the New Yorker has an article on the Quest today, and included Plunk Biggio in the story. I apologize in advance to Astros fans in case monocle wearing long necked New Yorkers in top hats start flocking to Minute Maid Park in response. I certainly wouldn't want to sit behind one of those guys.
Also, Mike Berardino of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel responded to my shameless self promotion with a follow up to his excellent article to week before last. Of course I'm only linking to the result of my shameless self promotion because I enjoy Berardino's columns, not because I'm committing more shameless acts of self promotion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home