Saturday, September 15, 2007

they only have to play the Pirates twice more

Visiting Minute Maid Park last night, it seems, did not help Craig Biggio get hit by a pitch - but if this was the Craig Biggio sacrifice bunt website, or the Chad Qualls blown save website, we could have taken all the credit. The Astros lost 4-3 and Craig Biggio is still stuck on 285. Also, while Biggio's 3050 hits are clearly displayed on an electronic counter in left center, I was unable to spot the HBP counter. I'm sure it's there someplace, right?

We'll be back at the park tonight to see Matt Morris throw toward the Astros. He's shown the ability to plunk Biggio in the past - on September 19, 2003 he threw Biggio's 241st plunk. Morris has hit 8 batters so far this year.

Mark Thompson plunked Biggio on September 15, 1996 for plunk 84.



Tomorrow, Tony Armas will attempt to add his name to the list of pitchers who have plunked Biggio, unless Biggio gets the day off. He's hit 8 batters this season, but none so far in September. Armas could become only the 2nd pitcher to plunk Biggio on September 16th, joining Chin-hui Tsao who plunked Biggio on this date in 2003.

2 Comments:

At 9/15/2007 10:24:00 AM, Blogger R. said...

I nearly burned the jersey last night.

 
At 9/16/2007 08:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We need to get us some high-powered mojo working and we need that mojo to commence working NOW! Lord have mercy, PBR I expected your arrival in the BUS to equate to more plunking opportunity. I expected your wearing of the sacred shirt to be the tipping point that would push the ball towards the Target. I also expected that genteel companion of yours to add extra verve and get them balls to swerve towards the target even more energetically. I expected more. I expected a plunk! At least one! Dadnabit to Gosh Dang Tarnation! I need me some plunks! We all need us some plunks… three of them. Lord have mercy but is that Bernice driving me up the wall with her incessant yappin’ about my fixation with the Biggio plunk count. Bernice (that’s Mary Jane’s girl and she plans to stay with us a while until she and Lester work things out) has commenced to take an interest in my interest in Craig “Target” Biggio and his erstwhile plunk record. She asks me questions from the time she gets up off the sofa to light her first filterless cigarette in the morning, until late at night when she nods off over her ashtray in front of the television machine. Lord that woman drives me to the brink and back and there ain’t a thing I can do about it because Mama done threatened me within an inch of my life if I so much as raise my voice towards her. So I have taken to going out to the woodpile and choppin every time I get rioled up…. Which is just about all day every day. I done sold six cords of hardwood… that’s 128 cubic feet by six for a total of about enough trees to fill a good-sized city park. Don’t commence to thinking I went out to the local park and razed no trees because I didn’t. I took them trees off my own land and chopped them up right good and stacked them in to cords and put me a sign up that said “Firewood for Sale” on account of that blasted Bernice pestering me so that all I want to do is get out of the double wide and chop. I’m so nervous I don’t know what to do. I am so stinkin’ worried that Target might not get the needed three additional plunks that all I can do is think about relieving my stress through chopping. PBR and Miss PBR God bless you for your efforts, but I fear we ain’t got enough mojo to get the job done. I fear the BUS is a baron environment for plunkin’s these days and we have probably seen the last of them come and go. And now I gots to put up with Bernice and her high pitched whining until who knows when. This here Baseball season has caused me nothing but torment and misery.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home