Friday, June 10, 2005

Blue Jay Friday

First, I'd like to wish a safe and speedy recovery to Retrosheet.org which seems to be having trouble. Get well soon Retrosheet! There's so much more about Craig Biggio getting hit by pitches we can learn from you.

The Blue Jay's Ted Lilly will be throwing in Biggio's general direction today. He has never faced the Astros (and obviously never hit Biggio), and has only hit 29 out of 2985 batters faced. That's pretty frequent compared to Glavine (EDIT: removed brain dead math, thanks John), but Lilly isn't going to be among the league leaders in plunks. He's never hit more than 7 in a season. So, if I can assume that Biggio's day off yesterday was due to his inability to get hit by Glavine, I should think he'll be back in the starting lineup today.

Craig Biggio has never been plunked on June 10th.

There's some good working on HBP stats by Mike Carminati over at Baseball Toaster today.

4 Comments:

At 6/10/2005 03:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe Lilly has hit only one batter per102.93 batters faced, not one in ten. Check your calculations.

 
At 6/10/2005 04:13:00 PM, Blogger pbr said...

Good call John, and congratulations on being the first person to actually check any of my stats!

"I must have misplaced a decimal point... I always do that..."

 
At 6/10/2005 05:12:00 PM, Blogger Tom said...

man, I love this site.

 
At 6/10/2005 05:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is so sad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home