Wednesday, May 10, 2006

more road trip problems

That offer on the table to Roger Clemens is for him to pitch out of the bullpen, right?

There wasn't much to get hit by for Craig Biggio last night. He saw just 2 pitches called balls, but he didn't spend a lot of time in the batters box. Biggio went 1-5 on only 11 pitches. But, the Astros fell 5 runs short last night, 12-7.

Brett Tomko will be on the hill for the Dodgers tonight. He has never hit Craig Biggio with a pitch and hasn't hit anyone in 2006, but he does have 32 career plunks in 1,464.1 innings pitched, and tied his career high with 7 hit batters this season.

Rick Helling of the Marlins hit Craig Biggio with a pitch on May 10, 1997. Steve Woodard made it a two year plunk streak on the 10th of May in 1998. Biggio was not hit again on May 10th until 2005 when Brian Moehler did it, but he has a chance for another May 10th plunking tonight.

2 Comments:

At 5/10/2006 07:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The chicken entrails have spoken in an unmistakably clear voice and that voice said to me, it said, “Bubba… there shall come to pass a plunking in el pueblo de nuestra señora la reina de los angeles de porciuncula,” and I gazed down at them chicken guts and I said, “come again?”

Again I heard a voice come wafting up from near the gizzard and it said “Bubba… I done said there shall come to pass a plunking in el pueblo de nuestra señora la reina de los angeles de porciuncula,” and I looked at them crazy innards and I said, “I don’t follow..”

And with that the voice said, “expect a plunking in Los Angeles.” The chicken innards have spoken from the floor of my shed. Bank on it.

 
At 5/10/2006 11:08:00 AM, Blogger pbr said...

Is this how Avian Flu is supposed to spread to humans?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home