Wednesday, August 24, 2005

shut out again

Last week I mentioned that Roger Clemens was 90th out of 102 starters in run support per 9 innings, and I thought I clearly stated that I was not encouraging any efforts to get him to the very bottom of this category. Despite my objections, the Astros went and got shut out again and move Clemens to 94th on the list. The Astros have now scored 3.73 runs per 9 innings while Clemens has been the pitcher of record.
Meanwhile, Craig Biggio did not get hit by a pitch. Chan Ho Park pitches for the Padres today, as part of the Rangers' starters relocation program. Park hit Biggio twice on September 12, 1997. He also plunked Biggio on April 3, 1996.
Biggio was hit on August 24 in 1997 by Jamey Wright and in 1998 by Matt Karchner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home