Monday, March 13, 2006

A Saturday in spring

Spring training is a special time of year...


For fans, it's a great time to catch a game in a small ballpark...


...and to see big league legends up close.



For Players, it's a time not just to get in shape for the season...



It's a time to consult with other players, think about new approaches, or tinker your stance or your swing...



and some even take the research and development of new innovations in baseball a little further. For example, Craig Biggio appears to have invented a new batting stance which will undoubtedly get him hit by more pitches than ever before. I only hope I'm not blowing the lid off his secret plan by posting the following:



As you can see he's clearly planning on evolving the game beyond the need for the bat. It's probably still just in the idea faze though, because he went back to a more traditional stance for the game:



He didn't get hit in the game we got to attend, but he did get hit last Thursday, while we were traveling. Next time I'll know to plan to go to the game two days before the game I plan to go to.

1 Comments:

At 3/18/2006 03:57:00 PM, Blogger DaMasta said...

BASEBALL SEASON!!!!!!!!
w000000000t.

I'm glad I kept your blog linked. It's one of my favs, I started reading last season.

Anyways, looks like you had a great time at the game. Thanx for showing us the pics!

Hopefully, this year I can get a miniseason pack or something. I NEEEED to see some games this year. Maybe I'll see ya at the park?

Go Stros!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home