Saturday, July 08, 2006

279!!

Craig Biggio was hit by a pitch in the 7th inning by Josh Kinney today, on a 1-0 pitch with no outs. Biggio scored a run after the plunk for the first time this year, upping his career total to 96 and raising his July total to 23.

Biggio was the first hit batter of Kinney's career. Kinney is the 17th pitcher to record his first major league HBP by hitting Craig Biggio with a pitch. The others are Jim Bullinger, Salomon Torres, Juan Acevado, Jeff McCurry, Kenny Greer, Marc Valdes, Paul Fletcher, Andy Larkin, Rich Batchelor, Rob Stanifer, Wayne Gomes, Trey Moore, Mark Brownson, Allen Levrault, Lance Davis and Oscar Villareal

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7/09/2006 12:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now if you ask me, and plenty folks do now and again, it appears that the frequency of plunking has increased over the past few days and we have passed through a dry (painless) spell and have entered a fruitful (painful) patch. Truth be node, I had me one of them official plunking T shirts on when it happened> As mentioned previously, I am a little on the stout side, so I had me a size XXXXL shipped out here to Chesterfield County, then I had Mama rip out the back and insert a big flap of tent canvas we had left over and out in the shed. Mama then sewed up the flap and put a hem in it and as long as I face you and don’t turn to the left nor to the right, you’d never know the back of my T shirt was strategically altered to accommodate a greater, more corpulent girth.

Anyhow, I had me that new size-altered official plunk T shirt on when it happened and I am starting to suspect that my wearing of that T shirt might have had something to do with the plunking. I have this suspicion in part because before them T shirts were made available (i.e. when they didn’t exist) we saw Target go through the dry spell. Now that the T shirts are available and we have started to insert them in to our regular garment rotation profile, his plunk count has started creeping up. This ain’t coincidence.

I’m headed out to the shed to commence some experimentation. In the mean time, I suggest ever body order them a shirt and start wearing it through each and every game. If you need a schematic on how to rip the back out and insert a flap of tent canvas to accommodate a girth that is greater than the manufacturer’s size range – let me know. It ain’t that difficult to do – especially with Mama at the helm of the sewing machine.

 
At 7/09/2006 08:51:00 AM, Blogger pbr said...

I forgot to mention that this makes it three consecutive times that Craig Biggio was plunked on the date of the third place game of the FIFA World Cup.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home