Monday, May 23, 2005

weekend recap

Craig Biggio survived the weekend interleague series without being drilled by the Rangers, but it's probably just because they missed Pedro Astacio in the rotation. There will be a long post specifically on the subject of Pedro Astacio another time. Biggio saw 47 pitches from the Rangers, hitting 18 of them, while none hit him.
Today at Wrigley, Glendon Rusch pitches for the Cubs. He hit Craig Biggio with his third pitch of the day last June 1st. Jeff Bagwell homered 6 pitches later to drive Biggio in, and the Astros never gave back the lead that day.
Cory Lidle plunked Biggio on this day last year and
Carlos Reyes hit him on May 23, 1998, and .

1 Comments:

At 5/24/2005 04:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunday's game was pretty close. He had to do some fancy work to get out of the way in the top of the 9th. I suddenly remembered this website, so I started screaming for him to get hit. I was getting some weird looks...

...Especially from the Astros fan I went with.

I like Biggio. I'm just rooting for him to break a record!

Great website. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home